INSTALLING THE REFERENCE ACE ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Create a new folder for the Reference Ace, named appropriately.
2. Open the zip file and copy (or drag) the "NetHelp" folder and all its contents to the destination folder.
3. Create a shortcut to launch the Reference Ace
- a. Right-click on your desktop and select New/Shortcut from the menu.
- b. In the Shortcut Wizard, locate the "NetHelp" folder, and select the "Index.html" file. Click "Next".
- c. Type "Reference Ace" (or a name of your choice) in the name field and click "Finish".
You are ready to use the Reference Ace. Simply double-click on the shortcut icon to launch it.
Some Anti-Virus software may interfere with Reference Ace installation. Discuss the implications of temporarily disabling the software with your IT representative.
If you install the Reference Ace locally, it will not run in Chrome or Opera. It does display in those browsers in the online version (on the Energy Code Ace web site).